- The ruby red slippers were not red at all, they were actually silver.
- In the emerald city everyone had to have green glasses locked to their heads by the keeper of the gate… they were told it was to shield their eyes from the brilliance of the city, but really it was so that everything would appear green to the people.
- The Wicked Witch of the West sent Wolves, Black Bees and Crows to attack Dorthy and her friends before the flying monkey’s were unleashed.
- The Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz appeared to the group in different forms, a giant head, a beautiful young fairy, a burning ball of fire and a ferocious beast with multiple eyes and bigger than an elephant.
- There are other people in the land of OZ like the Winkies, the field mice, Boq the richest munchkin, the hammer heads, the China doll people and the Quadlings. (the Lion, Scarecrow and Tin woods Man all become kings in various parts of the country by the end of the book)
- And the book does not end with Dorothy appearing to have dreamed the whole thing up… it actually happened.
Next Fiona and I are going to read Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. My friend Jenny gave me the 1463 page unabridged version and I figure what else am I going to do during my almost 8 hours of daily breastfeeding? Plus it is fun to read out loud to her and pretend that she cares but really in her mind she is thinking… Milk is good, milk is great, milk milk milk sleep sleep milk sleep (or something like that)