Today at work I asked a few guys in my office what they were going to do for the special lady in their life on Valentines Day. Many of them still have no idea, so I tried to offer some simple suggestions. However one of the men in my office said that his girlfriend does not like Valentines Day because it is a “Hallmark Holiday.” This is not the first time I have heard this… what do people have against Hallmark anyway? I realize that this is no Christmas or Easter and pales in comparison to Thanksgiving, but here are a few reasons why I LOVE VALENTINES DAY.
- It is a great excuss to wear pink and red!!!
- You can draw little hearts on everything just like when you were in middle school.
- It’s another great reason to eat chocolate.
- Candy Hearts are a great way to boost self esteem.. nothing like eating a candy that says “Hot Stuff” or “Too Cute” on it.
- It is the perfect time to reveal hidden feelings for someone special.
- Or even better have someone reveal their feelings for you…
- I love the smell of the roses that my Dad gets for my mom
- Stuffed animals holding hearts that play music when you push their hands provide hours of mind numbing entertainment (I have a small collection, and enjoy testing them out at Wal-mart).
- Because all you needs is LOVE!!!!
Have a great Valentines Day… Let me know if anything magical happens!