I know, I haven’t posted anything for awhile. Sorry to all of you who periodically stop in here. It’s an interesting thing about having a job where I sit and stare at a computer all day… I have lost almost all desire to be at the computer when I am at home. I say almost because, let’s face it I still love Blogging. Today I looked up random facts about bananas on the interernet, ahhh the joys of the great information superhighway. So I thought I would share some with you and advise you to go eat a banana!
- Bananas are America’s #1 fruit.
- Bananas are great for athletic and fitness activity because they replenish necessary carbohydrates, glycogen and body fluids burned during exercise.
- Bananas have no fat, cholesterol or sodium.
- In 2001, there were more than 300 banana-related accidents in Britain, most involving people slipping on skins.
- The average American consumes over 28 pounds of bananas each year.
- The phrase ‘going bananas’ was first recorded in the Oxford English Dictionary, and is linked to the fruit’s ‘comic’ connections with monkeys.
- Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
- Those keen on natural alternatives swear that if you want to kill off a wart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape!